Corporate and Group Volunteering
Sharing a route with your co-workers, family, or friends makes it easy to volunteer for MOWCTX. For example, if you have 8 people on your volunteer team, you can arrange to deliver either once a month in pairs or once every other month as individuals. Remember—it only takes one hour to complete a delivery!
Delivering meals with a team is a great way to connect with others and make an immediate difference in the community.
Tips for Successful Team/Group Coordination
- Make a schedule with contact numbers for each delivery-team member.
- Establish a back-up coordinator to fill-in when the primary coordinator is absent.
- If your team can’t attend an onsite MOWCTX Volunteer Orientation, ask for a copy of our training materials.
- Periodically check the Non-Delivery Dates on our website. State holidays are not always MOWCTX holidays.
- To arrange for a substitute for your route, please call or email MOWCTX 24 hours in advance. Cancellations made after 9 a.m. on your date of delivery are difficult to cover.
- You must carry all meals in insulated containers. These can be purchased through MOWCTX for $3 each.
- Please share all content and back-up information with our Volunteer Services Department by email or by calling 512-476-6325.