The individuals we serve are incredibly grateful for your generosity! Due to the vulnerable nature of the clients we serve, their susceptibility to food-borne illness is greater. Our clients also suffer from chronic conditions that require special dietary attention. As a result, we are unable to accept food donations to ensure the health and safety of those we serve. At this time, our current needs are as follows:
- Toiletry items (soap, toothpaste, deodorant)
- New blankets
- New towels
- Ensure and Glucerna - generic brands ok
- Household items: laundry soap, cleaners, etc.
- Gift cards to HEB, Wal-Mart or Target (increments of $20)
- Microwaves - Sizes no larger than .9 cubic feet. .7 cubic is preferred
- Wall Calendars
- New energy efficient A/Cs and fans (during the summer)
We also accept items for our PALS (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors) program:
- Canned or dry food for cats and dogs
- Cat litter
- New or gently used litter boxes, pee pads, leashes, beds, toys, and scratching posts.
- Gift cards to any store that sells pet food or supplies
Our need for in-kind items changes throughout the year, especially during the holidays. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Looking to start a donation drive for our PALS program? You can download a customizable poster for your donation drive by clicking here.
Please drop off at the Meals on Wheels Central Texas office 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.