The individuals we serve are incredibly grateful for your generosity! Due to the vulnerable nature of the clients we serve, their susceptibility to food-borne illness is greater. Our clients also suffer from chronic conditions that require special dietary attention. As a result, we are unable to accept food donations to ensure the health and safety of those we serve. At this time, our current needs are as follows:
- Toiletry items (soap, toothpaste, deodorant)
- New blankets
- New towels
- Ensure and Glucerna - generic brands ok
- Household items: laundry soap, cleaners, etc.
- Gift cards to HEB, Wal-Mart or Target (increments of $20)
- Microwaves - Sizes no larger than .9 cubic feet. .7 cubic is preferred
- Wall Calendars
- New energy efficient A/Cs and fans (during the summer)
We also accept items for our PALS (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors) program:
- Canned or dry food for cats and dogs
- Cat litter
- New or gently used litter boxes, pee pads, leashes, beds, toys, and scratching posts.
- Gift cards to any store that sells pet food or supplies
Our need for in-kind items changes throughout the year, especially during the holidays. To donate items for our special Christmas Day meal delivery, visit our holiday page to learn what we are collecting.
Looking to start a donation drive for our PALS program? You can download a customizable poster for your donation drive by clicking here.
Please drop off at the Meals on Wheels Central Texas office 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.