The individuals we serve are incredibly grateful for your generosity! Due to the vulnerable nature of the clients we serve, their susceptibility to food-borne illness is greater. Our clients also suffer from chronic conditions that require special dietary attention. As a result, we are unable to accept food donations to ensure the health and safety of those we serve.
At this time, our current needs are as follows:
- Sanitary supplies: hand sanitizer, masks, gloves.
- Toiletry items: soap, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, body wash.
- New blankets and towels
- Ensure and Glucerna - generic brands are okay!
- Household items: laundry soap, cleaners (wipes, dish soap, 409, paper towels), toilet paper.
- Gift cards to HEB, Wal-Mart, or Target (increments of $20)
- New Microwaves - Sizes no larger than .9 cubic feet. .7 cubic is preferred
- Wall Calendars
- New energy efficient A/Cs and fans (during the summer)
- Electric can openers
Items can be dropped off at the Meals on Wheels Central Texas office at 3227 E. 5th St., Austin, TX, 78702. You can also shop our everday essentials wish list on Amazon, and items will be shipped directly to our offices.
Our Senior Centers are also in need of items to host their programming.
- Aluminum Foil 50 sq ft rolls
- Napkins (150 count pack)
- Toilet Paper (4 count pack)
- Trash bags, tall kitchen drawstring preferred
- Liquid dish soap
- Tooth paste
- Tooth brushes
- Mutli-packs of kitchen sponges
- Laundry Detergent
- Fabuloso assorted scents
- Shower Back Brush/Loofah – long handled
- Shower Gel or Body Wash
- Hand Sanitizer
- Multi-packs of bar soap (unscented or mild scent)
- Fly Swatters
- Men’s and Women’s Deodorant
- Mens 2 pack crew socks
- Ladies socks
- Batteries (AA or 9 volt are most popular)
Please drop off at the Meals on Wheels Central Texas office 3227 E. 5th St., Austin, TX, 78702.
PALS (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors)
We also accept items for our PALS (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors) program. Items currently needed include:
- Canned or dry food for cats and dogs
- Cat litter
- New or gently used litter boxes, pee pads, leashes, beds, toys, and scratching posts.
- Gift cards to any store that sells pet food or supplies
These items can be dropped off at the Meals on Wheels Central Texas office 3227 E. 5th St., Austin, TX, 78702.
Looking to start a donation drive for our PALS program? You can download a customizable poster for your donation drive by clicking here.