Meals on Wheels
We have resumed daily hot meal delivery as of April 4th, 2022.
We still need volunteers! Please click here to see where current meal delivery routes are available and join us to deliver.
Online volunteer training is held, via a Zoom format, on Tuesday at 11:00AM - 11:30AM or Thursday 1:00PM - 1:30 PM.
- Weekly Route Drivers are responsible for delivering meals to homebound clients on the day(s) scheduled.
- Substitute Drivers are responsible for delivering meals to homebound clients as a back-up driver when the regular volunteer meal delivery driver is unable to take the route. Much like a substitute teacher, the substitute driver does not have a permanent weekly route, but is called as needed.
- Meal Managers coordinate meal distribution for volunteer drivers at a given pick–up site as assigned.
- Meals on Two Wheels volunteers deliver meals via bike on certain routes in East Austin.
Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
- Turn in a completed Volunteer Registration Form
- A copy of CURRENT Driver’s License, a valid inspection sticker, and up-to-date liability insurance coverage on vehicle, as required by the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Participate in a MOWCTX volunteer orientation session and view the MOWCTX training video
- Verification checks:
- Criminal Background History
- Department of Aging and Disability Services Nurse Aide Registry
- Department of Aging and Disability Services Employee Misconduct Registry
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering. Volunteers under the age of 18 do not need to fill out our volunteer application, but the adult accompanying them does.
Interested in volunteering with your family? Consider volunteering through our partner, Generation Serve! Generation Serve is a nonprofit organization that engages children in volunteerism in order to empower them to make a difference in their communities. Check out their volunteer opportunities.