Mike’s Place, a respite program for folks with Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of memory loss and dementia, also serves as a source of support and rest for caregivers.
WHEN: Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Meals on Wheels Central Texas 3227 E. 5th Street, Austin
Volunteers Needed! Opportunities Include:
- Activity Leaders: facilitate exercise, games, brain-stimulating activities
- Specialists: pianists to lead Tuesdays’ SingAlongs; artists to facilitate
- Servers: help set up and clean up, greet participants, assist caregivers with getting participants settled
- Friends: assigned to assist each participant
- Performers: occasional sharing of your special talents as an individual and/or as a group”
If you are interested in volunteering for this program please contact us here.
*NOTE: Before becoming a volunteer, we ask that you speak with a volunteer coordinator, fill out an application, provide copies of both your driver’s license and car insurance, and allow us to run a criminal background check. You must also attend a short orientation session.